Comments

Have a Question?

2015 S.S. Syrah

Blend: 100% Syrah

Aging: 18 months French Oak

Alcohol: 12.50 %

Bottle Date: June 10, 2017

Production: 634 bottles

Tasting Notes: Aromas of white pepper, white flowers, strawberry, blue slate, limestone, raspberry, red apple skin, and bing cherry on the nose. High minerality, lots of tannins, white, pink and black peppercorn, red apple skin, and raspberry delight the palate. Finishing with a lingering tannin, spicy pepper notes, white flowers, and a mild oak toast. Earned a silver medal at the 2017 Fingerlakes International Wine Competition.

Winemaker Notes: Like our 2017 Signature Series Viognier, the Syrah traces its origins to the Rhone region of France. Ever since the 2013 vintage, we have been making the Syrah with a time old tradition of co-fermenting with a small percentage of Viognier to create a more elegant wine. I believe this to be our best vintage yet.

Pairing Suggestions: pork, grilled or braised vegetables

Add a Review

Comments & Ratings

By Janet
1/5/2018
I love the color! A good wine to have with Christmas Prime Rib
By Catie
1/5/2018
I love the color and the peppery tastes adds the little change to make it delicious!
By Kristen
1/5/2018
Syrah is my go-to for anything. Love it with some homemade pizza.
By William
1/5/2018
Love this wine with a nice roast. Nice fully bodied wine.
By Tanya
1/5/2018
The deep violet color is a feast for the eyes, and the peppery, intense berry flavors are a feast for the palate. It's like violet flowers in a glass. Try with short ribs!

Have a Question?

Fill out the form below to have one of our associates contact you with answers to your questions about this item.

Name:
Phone Number:
Email:
Your privacy is important to us. We do NOT share your information.
See our Privacy Policy for details.
Close
2015 S.S. Syrah | Item No. 394150
Just Added:

2015 S.S. Syrah

Price:
Reg. Price: $39.99
Quantity:
Total:
items in cart
Cart Total: